Privacy and data protection
What data do we collect?
We may collect and use the following information about you:
Data you provide to us by completing forms on our website, contacting us via email, phone, social media or otherwise. This includes the information you provide when you visit our website, use our app, place an order through our website, provide us with information required to order a personalised product through our website, enter a competition, sign up for news, discount and special offers or contact us to tell us about a problem with our website, app or any product.
This information may include your email address, name, address, phone number, photograph, username, password and those of the app user or product recipient.
Each piece of information may be used independently or in conjunction with other information you provide us with.
Information we collect from your device. This includes technical information collected when you use our website or app, such as IP address, browser type, time zone, browser plug-ins, operating system and platform.
This also includes information about your visit and usage of our website and app. Examples of this information are the full URL clickstream to, through and from our website and app, what you viewed on our website or app, how long you visited for, any products you viewed or purchased on our website, any other interactions you made on our website or app such as clicks and scrolling.
Information we collect from you via advertising. This includes adverts produced and published by us on other (3rd party) websites, social media accounts and other media channels. When you view, click on or interact with these ads we, and the 3rd parties involved, may collect information about you and your interaction for advertising purposes. This involves the use of technologies such as cookies, which are used to improve the effectiveness of our adverts.
We do not collect your financial information. This is collected and processed by our payment partner, Braintree. Please visit www.braintreepayments.com for more information.
How do we use the data we collect from and about you?
The data we collect is used for:
- Enabling our personalised app and book services.
- To allow you personalise your experience within our app and website.
- To contact you about our products and services.
- To tell you about any changes to our website, app, products or terms and conditions of use.
- To contact and involve you in competitions and promotional campaigns.
- To make sure our website and app are presented in the best possible way for your computer or mobile device.
- To keep our website and app safe and secure.
- To measure the effectiveness of our adverts and make them more relevant to you.
- To tell you about products and services that you have asked for information about.
- To provide you with information about our products and services, current and future, where you have consented to us contacting you for that reason.
- To tell you about new products and services or improvements and changes to existing products and services using post, email, SMS/text, other social channels and push notifications via the app.
We will send you emails about:
- Offers, new products, updates and other information we think may interest you as a Lairytales customer. You can opt out of these emails at any time (any changes to your preferences may take up to 14 days to take effect, although we will endeavour to do this as quickly as possible).
- Your Lairytales account, covering our app and website. This includes but is not restricted to reminders about unfinished orders, feedback surveys and polls, and account reminders.
- Order information such as dispatch and delivery notifications (once an order is placed you cannot opt out of these emails).
- Changes to our terms and conditions.
How do we process your data?
We collect, use, disclose, retain and dispose of your personal data in a proper manner, for authorised purposes and take appropriate security measures to prevent unauthorised access, disclosure, modification or unauthorised destruction.
How do we keep your data secure?
No information that is transmitted over the internet is completely secure and this transmission is performed at your own risk. However, we will take all legal and reasonable measures to keep your information as safe and secure as possible by adhering to established processes and security protocols.
Within our business your personal information will only be usable by employees with reasonable, business reasons for having access to that data. We also maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards that comply with relevant laws and regulations to protect your personal data from unauthorised access.
Your password is your responsibility and should be kept completely confidential at all times.
Where is your data stored?
All data you provide to us is stored on our secure servers in the EU with Microsoft Azure Europe. Where necessary and for a purpose you have consented to, data may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area ("EEA"). It may also be processed by staff operating outside the EEA who work for us or for one of our suppliers. Such staff maybe engaged in, among other things, the fulfilment of your order, the processing of your payment details and the provision of support services. We will only transfer your personal data to third parties in territories outside the EEA where such transfer is compliant with applicable laws and regulations. For your information, this includes circumstances where:
- the territory is recognised as offering adequate standards of protection;
- the third party is based in the United States and has signed up to the Safe Harbour Scheme; or
- we have put in place adequate safeguards, including the implementation of standard contractual provisions which are approved as providing adequate safeguards with respect to the protection of your privacy.
How long do we keep your data for?
Your data is kept only for the time necessary to provide the service or product you request, or to fulfil the purpose outlined in this policy, or until you withdraw your consent for your data to be held.
A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that we store on your browser or the hard drive of your computer if you agree. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer's hard drive.
What happens if we change this policy?
You can contact us at email@example.com with any questions or comments about this policy or the use of your personal information. We try to respond to all queries within 5 working days.